Last Modified: 11/15/2021
What is Personally Identifiable Information?
Personally identifiable information ("PII") describes the information associated with you. It can be used to identify you and includes your name, address, phone number, zip code, e-mail address, and other similar data. Non-personally identifiable information ("non-PII") refers to information that does not identify a specific person or is publicly available. Non-PII may include, for example, your IP address, browser type, domain names, access dates, and similar information.
Categories of Information We Collect
The types of personal information we collect and share will depend on the product or service with us. Confidential personal data collected about you can include but not be limited to:
- information we receive from you via applications or other forms, such as your name, address, phone or social security number, occupation, assets, income,
- investment experience and other financial and family information, and
- information about your transactions with us or the brokerages, banks, and custodians with whom you hold investment or cash accounts, which may include account numbers, holdings, balances, transaction history, and other financial and investment activities, among others.
How We Collect Your Information
We collect your personal information; for example, when you seek investment advice, tell us about your investment portfolio(s), open an account, make account deposits or withdrawals, or provide your income details. We also collect your personal information from others, such as our affiliates or other companies.
We do not knowingly solicit information from or knowingly market our products or services to children.
How We Use Your Information
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, for any purpose, including but not limited to:
- personalize our contact with you, or verify your identity when accessing our services,
- compare information for accuracy and record verification,
- provide information, materials, products, or the services you request,
- improve, modify, customize, and measure our services,
- develop new products and services,
- send you administrative messages, content, and other services and features in which we believe you may be interested,
- provide you with information about our products and services, including while you are on our website online services or after you visit such online services,
- contact you for the potential purchase of insurance or other financial products,
- for any other administrative and internal business purposes permitted by law.
Sharing Non-public Personal & Financial Information
All financial companies need to share customers' personal information to run their everyday business and provide services. Even when required to do this, we are committed to the protection and privacy of your personal and financial information. We will share your personal information with only those non-affiliated third-party service providers authorized to use your data as necessary to support our business operations, such as:
- when necessary to complete an account transaction such as with the clearing firm or account custodians,
- when required to maintain or service an account,
- for marketing services,
- when requested by a fiduciary or beneficiary on the account,
- when required by a regulatory agency, or for other reasons required or permitted by law,
- to our attorneys, accountants, or compliance consultants,
- to provide customer service or resolve customer disputes,
- to provide data storage, payment, or technology support and services, or
- for risk solution provisions, analytics, or fraud prevention,
- in connection with a sale or merger of our business, or
- in any circumstance that has your instruction or consent.
Protection of Personal Information
We maintain various security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. We restrict access to your personal and account information to those employees who need to know the information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your data and use security measures that comply with federal law, such as computer protections and secured files and buildings. Although no business can completely guarantee that information will remain free from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or alteration, we make consistent, diligent, and good faith efforts to maintain information security, utilizing safety measures designed to prevent unauthorized access or use.
You can visit us on the Internet at www.libertygroupllc.com without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself, including your e-mail address. In this case, our web servers may collect the name of the domain you used to access the Internet, such as www.aol.com, the website you came from and visited next, and other data. We use this data to monitor site performance and to make the site easier and more convenient to use. Please visit us at www.libertygroupllc.com to review our entire website, "Terms of Service."
Sharing Information & Consumer Choice
When you provide information to us, we may share your information, to the extent provided by applicable law, with our affiliated companies and third parties to fulfill your requests and offer you other services that may be of interest to you. Your information is not shared with any third party unless requested by you or permitted by law. Under no circumstance will we sell or transfer your information to any ad network, ad exchange, data broker, or other advertising or monetization-related service. We may also aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and services and provide these statistics to third parties; however, when we do, the statistics will exclude any personal information that identifies individuals. We will not provide your personal information to mailing list vendors or solicitors and require strict confidentially in our agreements with unaffiliated third parties that require access to your data, including financial service companies, consultants, and auditors. Federal and state securities regulators may review our Company records and your records as permitted by law. Federal law gives you the right to limit sharing information about your creditworthiness for affiliates' everyday business purposes, affiliates from using your information to market to you, and sharing for non-affiliates to market to you. State and international laws and individual companies may provide you with additional rights to limit sharing.
Notification In the Event of Data Breach
Although we make good faith efforts to maintain your information securely, no firm or individual can guarantee shared information will remain free from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or alteration. If an unauthorized party breaches your personally identifiable information, we will comply with applicable state laws in notifying you of the breach.
Personally identifiable information about you will be maintained while you are a client and for the crucial period after that, as federal and state securities laws require if you close your account(s) or become an inactive customer. After that time, information may be destroyed.
Accessing or Correcting Your Information
Liberty Wealth Management, LLC
411 30th Street, 2nd Floor
Oakland, CA 94609
Specific State & Residence Requirements
|California||This additional information is provided for purposes related to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended (the "CCPA"). It applies to the personal information and Liberty Group companies subject to CCPA. California law provides you with specific rights regarding your personal information, including the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about the collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months and the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions. To make such a request, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in your message that you are making a CCPA request. Please note that we are only required to respond to two such requests per customer each year. You also have the right not to be discriminated against if you exercise any of your rights under California privacy law.
|Nevada||Nevada law requires us to disclose that you may request to be placed on LWM's internal "Do-Not-Call" list at any time by calling. We are providing this notice to you according to state law. You may obtain further information by contacting the Nevada Attorney General at 555 E. Washington Avenue, Suite 3900, Las Vegas, NV 89101, T: 702.486.3132,|
|Vermont||We will automatically limit sharing of your information.|
|Notice To European Union Members||Data subjects in the European Union have the following principal rights under data protection law: 1. the right to withdraw consent, 2. the right to access, 3. the right to rectification, 4. the right to erasure, 5. the right to restrict processing, 6. the right to data portability, 7. the right to object to processing, 8. the right not to be subject to decisions made solely on automated processing, and 9. the right to complain to a supervisory authority.|